It’s Friday and it’s summer! How many of you feel like this today?
Even though June Gloom has the Bay Area firmly in its grasp right now, I wanted to share a super simple little tipple that should bring a hint of summer tropical flair to your weekend. Introducing the Pineapple Mint Cooler. You are just a minute of prep and four standard ingredients away from having a mini beach getaway in your backyard.
I know a lot of my cocktails tend to be very spirit-forward and less approachable than what your occasional imbiber feels comfortable partaking in when they opt for an adult beverage. Well, this was created with you in mind. It goes down easy and is also delicious over crushed ice!
Pineapple Mint Cooler
Makes 1 drink
- Small handful of mint leaves
- 1 ½ ounces Vodka
- 1 ½ ounces Pineapple Juice
- Approximately 2-3 ounces ginger ale
- Glass: Old Fashioned
- Garnish: Mint Sprig
- Lightly crush the mint leaves in palm by squishing them with your fingers until they release some of their oils and are fragrant. Place in an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Add the vodka and pineapple juice to the shaker, cover and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain into an ice filled old fashioned glass and top off with ginger ale (approximately 2-3 ounces). Garnish with a mint sprig.