Chocolate Banana and Almond Butter Bites
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 2 cups of bittersweet chocolate chips
- Optional Garnish: Maldon Sea Salt flakes
- Special Equipment: Freezer, microwave, parchment paper
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with a piece of parchment paper. (Just make sure the board fits into your freezer). Place half of the banana rounds onto the parchment paper and set the rest aside.
- Mix the almond butter and honey in a bowl with a spoon. Scoop approximately ½ teaspoon of the almond butter mixture onto each banana round you previously placed on the parchment paper. Top with the banana rounds you set aside and gently press down so they form little banana sandwiches. Put the cutting board/baking sheet into the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Once the rounds are frozen, put your chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until they are completely melted. Remove the baking sheet/cutting board from the freezer. Using a spoon, dip one frozen banana sandwich into the melted chocolate and coat thoroughly. Then place back on the parchment paper. If using, sprinkle the Maldon Sea Salt flakes on top of the chocolate covered banana sandwich before the chocolate hardens. Repeat one by one with the remaining frozen banana sandwiches. If your chocolate starts to thicken during the coating process, reheat in the microwave in 10 second intervals and stir before continuing.
- Put the finished chocolate covered banana and almond butter bites back in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving. To store, remove from the parchment paper and place inside an airtight, freezer safe container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Management Powered by Zip Recipes Plugin