Calling all of you New Year’s Eve procrastinators, here the easiest way to create a special champagne cocktail that requires practically zero effort. If you own a spoon and have a way of getting to a grocery store today, you can ring in the New Year tonight with one of the easiest and most delicious drinks ever. This Lemon Sorbet Champagne Cocktail has that special “je nais se quois” that makes it stand out from a regular glass of bubbly and gives it a festive edge. Throw in a few slices of fresh strawberry or some fresh, whole raspberries and you have a picture-worthy adult beverage that is sure to be a hit at your New Year’s Eve bash. No one has to know that it was as easy as scooping ice cream! Plus, because you have such sweet and tart flavors in the lemon sorbet, you don’t have to splurge on a pricey bottle of bubbly. (I love it when I can find ways to save some $$!)
Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! May your celebrations be safe and full of wonderful food and drinks!
Lemon Sorbet Champagne Cocktail
Makes 1 drink
- 1 or 2 spoonfuls of lemon sorbet (I used Haagen Dazs – you can find it in the ice cream section of any major grocery store)
- Sparkling wine or champagne
- Fresh whole raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries
- Glass: Champagne flute or coupe glass
- Place the lemon sorbet in the bottom of your glass. (If you like your drinks sweeter, feel free to use as much as you like – this is your party, remember?!)
- Carefully pour in the sparkling wine so that your glass is almost full – it will fizz up like a grade school science experiment, so be forewarned. No need to stir this one; the little “iceberg” of lemon sorbet makes the cocktail even more festive.
- Toss in the fresh fruit of your choice, sip, and party like it’s 2015!